The older I get, the faster each year seems to pass. I arrived in Utah on Wednesday night August 27th. We played golf on Thursday and Friday the 28th and 29th. We played on Thursday night at The Barn Golf Club (Par 71 - Slope 111 - Rated 67.3) in Pleasant View (near Ogden). Craig shot an 82 and I shot a 77. On Friday afternoon we played at Ben Lomond Golf Course (Par 72 - Slope 112 - Rated 67.9) in Harrisville (near Ogden). Craig shot a 98 and I shot an 82.
8/30/08 – Saturday morning we got up a little early and went down south of Salt Lake to play golf with Josh Adams. On the way there, we passed the grain elevators in Lehi where the movie “Foot Loose” was filmed. We then met Josh and played Talons Cove (Par 72 – Slope 121 – Rated 71.8) in Saratoga Springs (25 miles south west of SLC). It was great to get “caught up” with Josh. I didn’t keep his score, but, Craig shot a 94 and I shot a 79. On the way back to Ogden we stopped at Sally’s and visited with Alisha for a while before heading home.
8/31/08 – Sunday we went to Craig’s ward. After lunch and a great nap, we went to Brigham City. In Brigham City we were able to visit Alice and Verle Allred. Verle was our Spanish teacher in Junior High and at one time our Bishop and Stake President. He also served as a missionary in Argentina, as did Craig and I. Another interesting note is that he and his companion, in 1956, received the assignment to cross the Andes from Argentina and begin the missionary efforts of the Church in Chile! That’s cool, since Garrett is going to Chile! He is currently serving in the Temple Presidency of the Ogden Temple. The President of the Temple is Gordon Watts, who was my Stake President in the Lewisville Stake! Small world.
After visiting the Allred’s, we went to see Leah Gale. She and her family lived on 6th East across from our house in Brigham City. It was wonderful to see her and talk with her. Once again, we found out how small the world is, especially in the Church. She told us that at one time she dated Ivan Hobson. Brother Hobson was the first Temple President of the Dallas Temple!
9/1/08 – Birch Creek Golf Course (Par 72 – Slope 124 – Rated 72.2) in Smithfield (near Logan). Craig shot a 97, Jeff shot a 77 and I shot a 90. We had a great time with Jeff and his boys at the golf course. Afterwards, we went to Fredrico’s (sorry you missed that Tori) for dinner. We got to meet Aaron’s wife and his two kids. We also got to see the rest of Jeff’s family. On the way back to Ogden, we stopped in Providence and saw John and Deanne, Joel and his family and Jennifer and her family. What a great day.
9/2/08 – Eagle Mountain Course (Par 71 – Slope 121 – Rated 71.3) in Brigham City. Craig shot an 89, Paul Larsen shot an 80 and I shot an 89.
9/3/08 – Schneiter’s Bluff (Par 72 – Slope 115 – Rated 70.2) in West Point (near Clearfield). Craig shot an 85, Paul shot a 75 and I shot an 80.
9/4/08 – Davis Park (Par 71 – Slope 120 – Rated 69.8) in Fruit Heights. Val Steed shot a 95, Tom Garrison shot an 82, Craig shot an 87 and I shot an 86.
PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF THE PICTURES DON'T MATCH UP WITH THE NARRATIVE!!
No comments:
Post a Comment