The Final Chapter of Boys Night Out 2007 has been written, but is yet to formatted and therefore posted on the BLOG. There are lots of pictures and so I really have to be in the mood to get it done. I promise, though, it will be worth the wait.
The main reason for writing, today, is that I stayed up and watched the National League playoff game between San Diego and Colorado. It was a good game with lots of drama. The bad thing was that, in my opinion, Matt Holliday was out at home. It is clear from the video that he was, in fact, out. Take a look at “Carroll drives in Holliday” on the attached link. http://mlb.mlb.com/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20071001&content_id=2244506&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb
On one hand, I was glad the game was over, but on the other, a team should never win or lose because of a judgment call like that. I think that, at least in the playoffs, there needs to be some provision for utilizing instant replay. After all, since we CAN get it right, let’s DO get it right. The soapbox is now yours.
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment